Traditionally, the Christmas Give initiative launches on the same day as Camana Bay’s annual Tree Lighting (Nov. 21 this year) and operates season-long until the end of December.
This year’s Give will aid Feed Our Future, the Cayman Islands Humane Society, Cayman Animal Rescue Enthusiasts, and includes a special partnership with Acts of Random Kindness (ARK).
Since the inception of the Give, Camana Bay has worked closely with ARK for their “Giving Is Receiving” campaign. In the past, people would get their blue shopping bags and drop them off, filled with donations for needy families.
The campaign is changing things up this year and instead of their blue shopping bag drive, they are asking people to support their blue envelope drive. They have incorporated an activity to help families share the magic of giving with their children and spark the conversation of gratitude.
The idea is as follows:
- Visitors collect an ARK blue envelope from The Gingerbread House of Gratitude at The Discovery Centre in Camana Bay and return it with either cash or a food voucher.
- Donations will give the gift of choice to a person or family in need this holiday season, because nobody knows the needs of a person better than the person in need – this will allow them to choose fresh food, personalised presents and everyday essentials.
- While at The Discovery Centre, visitors will be encouraged to share what they are thankful for by writing a gratitude note (using the provided materials) and dropping it into the Gratitude Jar next to the Gingerbread House. Beyond the blue envelope drive, there are many other ways to give that will also get you and your family in the Christmas spirit.
- Purchase a CI$1 North Pole stamp at Mail Boxes Etc. and drop your Santa Letter into Santa’s Mailbox. All money raised benefit Feed our Future to give the gift of meals to hungry schoolchildren.
- Purchase a photo package with Santa Claus (choose from our traditional Santa or Caribbean Santa photo session events) and Picture This will donate CI$1 to the Camana Bay Christmas Give fund.
- Donate money using the coin donation box at Starfish Village. Kids can have a coin race using the cascade feature or donate cash to ensure all children across Cayman enjoy a school lunch with Feed Our Future.
- Participate in the Santa Run on Nov. 28 at 6:30 a.m. and dash through the Town Centre in red-and-white regalia. Part of your registration fee will be donated to the Camana Bay Christmas Give fund.
- Have your pet take a photo with Santa at Santa Paws on Dec. 12 from 10 a.m. to noon in Gardenia Court. Picture This is donating their photography services, and funds raised will be donated to the Cayman Islands Humane Society.
- Watch a special Moonlight & Movies showing of Max (2015, PG) and visit the Cayman Animal Rescue Enthusiasts (C.A.R.E.) booth on Dec. 17 at 7 p.m. in Gardenia Court.
As a thank you for your generosity, Camana Bay will match all Camana Bay Christmas Give contributions. For more information on how you can lend your support over the holidays, visit The Discovery Centre or call 345.640.4000.